question-icon

Have Menieres disease. Was taking Marezine. Taking meclizine as substitute. Does this work?

Posted on Thu, 18 Jul 2013
Question: I have Menieres disease and have been a user of Marezine for 45 years,but have not been able to purchase it anymore. I bought the last online from XXXXXXX What happened to the production of this medication? I have taken meclizine as substitute, but it does not work as well. Please advise where I can possibly buy cyclizine or marezine.

XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel (3 hours later)

I am Dr. XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to help you.

Based on the information provide you are looking to purchase over the counter cyclizine.

Here is the fact regarding cyclizine. It was previously abused so it is slowly being phased out in USA market. This is why it is hard to find. No large pharmacy is USA will have it or will offer it only with a prescription even it’s in a OTC form.

Therefore, if in need you need to import it from outside USA.

Hope it helps. Please feel free to contact me in case of any further concern.

Thanks for the query
Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Jay Patel