Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Have Menieres disease. Was taking Marezine. Taking meclizine as substitute. Does this work?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 567 Questions
I have Menieres disease and have been a user of Marezine for 45 years,but have not been able to purchase it anymore. I bought the last online from XXXXXXX What happened to the production of this medication? I have taken meclizine as substitute, but it does not work as well. Please advise where I can possibly buy cyclizine or marezine.

Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 3 hours later

I am Dr. XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to help you.

Based on the information provide you are looking to purchase over the counter cyclizine.

Here is the fact regarding cyclizine. It was previously abused so it is slowly being phased out in USA market. This is why it is hard to find. No large pharmacy is USA will have it or will offer it only with a prescription even it’s in a OTC form.

Therefore, if in need you need to import it from outside USA.

Hope it helps. Please feel free to contact me in case of any further concern.

Thanks for the query
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor