Have HBP. Can I take amlodipine and vitamin B complex?

Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal

Cardiologist, Interventional

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Can i take amlodipine and vitamin B complex? I have high blood pressure.
Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 31 minutes later

Definitely, you can take Amlodipine for high blood pressure and B complex you can take as supplement, both together.
Regarding amlodipine, sometimes we see side effects like Pedal edema. Otherwise, it is a safe drug.

Thank you for your query.

SUBROTO

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 2 hours later
I just got on hypertension medication. I feel tingling sensation and numbness in my legs. Is it the side effect of amlodipine or it is a symptom of hypertension?
Thanks
Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 10 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

In my opinion, the tingling sensation and numbness is not due to amlodepine. You should continue taking amlodepine. Yes, it may happen due to hypertension.

SUBROTO
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan