Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Have HBP. Can I take amlodipine and vitamin B complex?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Cardiologist, Interventional
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 141 Questions
Can i take amlodipine and vitamin B complex? I have high blood pressure.
Posted Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 31 minutes later

Definitely, you can take Amlodipine for high blood pressure and B complex you can take as supplement, both together.
Regarding amlodipine, sometimes we see side effects like Pedal edema. Otherwise, it is a safe drug.

Thank you for your query.

Take care

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have HBP. Can I take amlodipine and vitamin B complex? 2 hours later
I just got on hypertension medication. I feel tingling sensation and numbness in my legs. Is it the side effect of amlodipine or it is a symptom of hypertension?
Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 10 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

In my opinion, the tingling sensation and numbness is not due to amlodepine. You should continue taking amlodepine. Yes, it may happen due to hypertension.

Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor