Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Has chest pain, tightness, shortness of breath, arm weakness. Advised for stress test. Go back to emergency?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
My husband was at emergency 2 weeks ago. he has been having chest pain tightness/shortness of breath and arm weakness. He had a stress test and is scheduled to have an echo in 2 days. He is not feeling well but thinks he should wait till tuesday and not go back to emergency. What should he do?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 29 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

I think getting in touch with your physician or visit to Emergency Room is a safe and better option. Chances of some cardiac problem need to be ruled out first.

He needs examination by a physician and at least a fresh EKG at the earliest.

I would like to request you to share his last EKG report and stress test report along with any medicines prescribed to him by your physician. With this information I can reply more precisely.

Please write again with the information requested.

Wishing him good health,


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Emergency Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor