Had hydrocele operation. Noticed swelling and pain in inner thigh and scrotum. Worrisome

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Testicle Problems
Question: I had hydrocele operation right side on march 2012, all well but there is still swelling and little pain around scrotum and inner thigh.I feel difficult in jumping, jerk while riding bike. Went to doctors several times but they say its normal and prescribed some pain relief. After getting some knowledge from internet i feel that it could be epididymitis so i took doxycycline for one week only by myself, by which i feel some relief but not in size. Moreover the pain sometimes feel in the above region of the right scrotum and it feel little bit relaxed when i lie straight. What could it be? Its very annoying i am 25 and couldn't have sex with my partner due to this, because it hurts. Please guide me. Thank You

PS: my right thigh occasionally feel like tired, especially the inner part. (varicocele or epididymitis or what....I am confused.)
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
If the doctors have examined and have not found anything serious, then there should be no need to worry.
But since i have not examined you, based on your description, i will try my best to explain things as far as i can understand.
This may be Varicocele or even filarial scrotum.

The following things could help--

1. Tight scrotal support.
2. Ice application for the scrotum thrice daily ten minutes each SESSION.
3. Anti-filarial medicines - even the general practitioners know the medicine. One of them can be contacted for the dosage and the prescription.

Get well soon.
DR GS