Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

185 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Had hydrocele operation. Noticed swelling and pain in inner thigh and scrotum. Worrisome

Answered by
Dr. G.Srinivasan


Practicing since :1991

Answered : 1414 Questions

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Testicle Problems
Question: I had hydrocele operation right side on march 2012, all well but there is still swelling and little pain around scrotum and inner thigh.I feel difficult in jumping, jerk while riding bike. Went to doctors several times but they say its normal and prescribed some pain relief. After getting some knowledge from internet i feel that it could be epididymitis so i took doxycycline for one week only by myself, by which i feel some relief but not in size. Moreover the pain sometimes feel in the above region of the right scrotum and it feel little bit relaxed when i lie straight. What could it be? Its very annoying i am 25 and couldn't have sex with my partner due to this, because it hurts. Please guide me. Thank You

PS: my right thigh occasionally feel like tired, especially the inner part. (varicocele or epididymitis or what....I am confused.)
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
If the doctors have examined and have not found anything serious, then there should be no need to worry.
But since i have not examined you, based on your description, i will try my best to explain things as far as i can understand.
This may be Varicocele or even filarial scrotum.

The following things could help--

1. Tight scrotal support.
2. Ice application for the scrotum thrice daily ten minutes each SESSION.
3. Anti-filarial medicines - even the general practitioners know the medicine. One of them can be contacted for the dosage and the prescription.

Get well soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Filariasis

doctor1 MD

Hi, My mother has recently been diagnosed with filariasis, She is suffering from irregular fever, body pain and severe cough. She has started her medication for filariasis but we would like to bring her to India for further investigation. I would like to know where to take her to cure her filariasis?

doctor1 MD

leaky lymph glands in pelvic/groin making both legs swell increasingly and I am told by my massage person that groin lymph nodes are congested and i need to seek medical help . Soon I will be in wheel chair if I can't get swelling down to walk.

doctor1 MD

My count of essinophils is 12.8 what can I do please suggest me some medicine I am afread

doctor1 MD

hi sir, myself XXXX. i have heavy itching and swelling in feet and palm, i make cbc and doctor prescribed CITRIZEN tablet. I completed 2 months course. but they forgot to see the bilirubin level, its also high on that time. i have heavy abdominal...

doctor1 MD

hi.. I am a girl at the age of 24...I am having painless pitting edema of both legs since the age of 12 years of mine ...all investigations done were normal except lymphangiography was incomplete..4 months back done microfilaria test (microscopic ) which was negative..initially at the start swelling was only on left foot den involves left leg and then right also ..but when I took DEC 300 MG and ALBENDAZOLE 800 OD for 21 days ,right from the first dose swelling decreased,,then after the course I discontinued it..should I go for antigen test for filarial to conform it..i want my both legs look normal at any cost ..I badly need it..please help

doctor1 MD

I am Tanmaya , I am 29 male from India . On 2002 I have infected with Filarial disease. Initial my Dr given me DEC ( 100 Mg X 3 / Day ) for 21 Days. + Albendazole 400 MG one and Avil tab 1 per day for 21 days. I took the same the fever and pain on nerve is reduced with some small pimple like bump are appeared on the leg and poss on it. Its reduced after some days. But again and again I faced the same after 3/4 month. Again I started taking for 3 years ( DEC : 100 Mg X 3/days for 7 days + 2 Albendazole 400 MG in a Months ) . I had no swelling leg, or no big pain or regular fever. Only I have etching on the leg and if I discontinued some time slight pain or burning sensation on leg. it almost 7/8 year I have filarea. taking regularal DEC and Albendazole , there is no 100 % cure from this. Please suggest any ulternative medicine to cure 100 . I think I have some adult worm in my body. is there any medicine to kill all Adult worm . Please reply : YYYY@YYYY

doctor1 MD

i have testicles which are hanging down more than normal . This is associated with pain in the knees more pronounced in the early morning. Is this lymphatic filariasis ? i am prescribed with hetrazan 100mg two pills everyday. am i on the right track. how to confirm whether this is lymphatic filariasis or something else