Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Had double vision, inside corner looks bloody and eyes is frozen with no side movements. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 5709 Questions
my brother woke up on Monday with double vision. by wednesday it was only in his right eye, the inside corner of the eye looks all bloody and the eye seems to be frozen and not moving side to side help?
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Double vision because of Ophthalmoplegia

Detailed Answer:

Since you have mentioned that eye seems frozen and not moving side to side it indicates problem with the muscles of the eye ball called as ophthalmoplegia.
I would like some more details to be able to comment further.
- Did he suffer any injury to the eye, if so please give me the details regarding that.
- Ask him to close his one eye at a time and see with the other eye. I would like to know if he has double vision even if the other eye is closed.

Please reply back with answers for the above questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had double vision, inside corner looks bloody and eyes is frozen with no side movements. Suggest? 7 hours later
There was no injury, he went to bed normally and woke up in the morning with the eyes like that. If he closes the right eye, his vision is normal through the left. If he closes the left eye he has double vision in the right eye.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Uniocular double vision

Detailed Answer:

From the reply you have provided, it seems your brother is having uniocular double vision meaning double vision even with one eye being kept open.
The causes for uniocular double vision are basically because of problems lying within the optical system of the eye like double pupil, keratoconus, subluxation of the lens..
Hence I advice you to consult your ophthalmologist for examination of the eye to findout the exact cause for double vision and treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor