Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Had cesarean section delivery. Started irregular bleeding. What should be the safe period of time before conceiving again?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2582 Questions
I am 26 years old female who gave birth to a baby boy on 18th april 2012 by c section as i am not breastfeeding the baby i got my period as on 24th may, 28th XXXXXXX and 25th or 26th july i do not know
as on 25th july i got a liitle spoting and on 26th july i got full bleeding so which day will be considered
as first day of period also why i got my period early on july with only 28 day cycle length before pregnancy i used to have 32-34 days cycle length will now be my cycle length will be of 28 days also i want to know what should be the safe period of time before conceiving the secound baby as i want to
get pregnant in 3-4 months will this be safe or not i am not using any contraceptives also i am suffering from pain in my inner thigh area while rolling on bed and geting up from a lying down position from 6-7 months what could be this what are considered as irergular cycles before pregnancy
once i got period on 8th may 2011 and then on 14th XXXXXXX why did this happened does my cycles
are regarded as irregular or not please give answers to all my questions
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later

Thanks for the query.

I have read through your queries with diligence and the following are my comments to your queries.

1. Post pregnancy menstrual hormones may take on an average 3-6 months to stabilize and intermenstrual spotting is common during those 3-6 months time. A few spotting that you've had in May (8th), XXXXXXX (14th) and probably in July too may be the result of hormonal disarray. But do not worry, it should settle down very soon.

2. I am not sure of the reason why you aren't breast feeding. Breast feeding has various advantages both to the new born and mother. So if all is well, then do start feeding.

3. The duration of menstrual cycle, the amount of flow and other menstrual parameters are influenced by body hormones. Pregnancy and perhaps other XXXXXXX factors may have reset body hormonal mechanism to reduce the cycle length. I am not concerned unless it is very irregular or if the bleeding is severe.

4. By irregular cycles I meant, when you are not able to guess the period dates at all.
Average women would be able to predict their period dates with plus/minus 4-5 days; we would call one as irregular period if the cycle length varies for more than 21 days to 36 days.

5. Proper spacing between pregnancies is advised both for optimal health of mother as well as child. A study conducted in the past revealed - women who conceive in less than 6 months had 40% increased chances of preterm babies and 60% chances of low birth weight. It also revealed that women who conceive after 5 years face 23 - 40% of preterm deliveries.
"Ideal spacing period between 2 pregnancies is 18 months to 2 years."

To simplify, I think you are doing well as far as your menstrual cycles are concerned. Minor spotting in between periods is normal now and is expected to settle down. Breast feed your child if there is no contraindication. And for optimal health plan your next pregnancy after 2 years.

Hope I have answered all your queries. Let me know if you have any further queries.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had cesarean section delivery. Started irregular bleeding. What should be the safe period of time before conceiving again? 1 hour later
Mysecound problem is related to orgasm i do not get orgasm in sex my husband who is
34years old have disability in his right hand and leg also he is very harsh and rude
while doing sex and foreplay i do not like his kissing me on lips we do sex regularly
on 2-3 days per week i think my masturbating has affected my ability to climax
while sex which positions are best for acheiving orgasm by woman how can i know
that i have orgasm what are the signs of orgasm i feel some sensations during sex
but does not go to orgasm but my husband says that i have ejaculated some clear
fluid what is that sometimes i feel the urge to urinate during sex and after that i
feel that that some fluid has come out this feeling is also after i have gone to pee
before sex is this possible that i can get orgasm what are g spot orgasm and
what is its symptoms does i am getting it with female ejaculation one thing more
i like to wacth porn is it right or wrong does this decrease your performance in sex
if i masturbate by clitorisis not vagina then can it decrease my ability to climax
with sexual intercourse does the stars in porn movies making noises and screaming
is real do in real life people make noises
Answered by Dr. Prasad 18 hours later
Hi and thanks again,

Symptoms and signs of orgasm vary among individuals. A few of the common symptoms during orgasm by women are increased breathing, tightening of muscles, arching of the back, etc. Moaning can occur in few women. To put in simple terms we can describe orgasm as the climax of sexual stimulation when you feel the maximum pleasure.

The orgasm achieved with masturbation and sexual intercourse may be different. But if you are able to achieve orgasm on masturbation, you should be able to have one with sexual intercourse too. You need to discuss with your husband about your displeasures and interest. With proper discussion you and your husband should start enjoying sexual intercourse.

Urge to urinate is a common occurrence while and after sexual intercourse. This is normal.

And as far as G-spot is concerned, it is an area in the vaginal wall which produces the maximum sexual pleasure. In most women this spot is located in the anterior (front) surface of vaginal an inch or two from the outside. You can explore it during masturbation or sexual intercourse. When found, stimulating it can increase the chance of you having an orgasm.

In simple terms, what you describe are not serious problems and can be solved with a good conversation with your partner. Discuss about it now.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need more information.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.

Dr. Prasad
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor