Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Given laxative fluid by the anus for constipation. Any suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1985
Answered : 140 Questions
Hello, yesterday night I went to hospital because I had severe constipation. I couldn't poop no more. They gave me some laxative fluid by the anus, then it worked, I emptied myself at the bathroom. However, today, I ate, and here I am again, I am full and I can't poop, it hurts my lower back and I feel very not comfortable. It's very late here, I can't go to sleep, I might think my bowel movement is fucked up.

I need some help, doctors over here are real beginners
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 2 hours later

Thanks for contacting XXXXXXX

It will help to know if this constipation is of recent onset or of long standing duration.

Are you taking some medications that can cause constipation or reduced bowel movements. I think you should see a local gastroenterologist who can evaluate you properly.

Meanwhile you can use over the counter laxatives, that should be available from your local pharmacy, for symptomatic relief.

Hope my suggestions help you. You can get back to me if you have any further queries.

Best wishes.

Dr Dinesh Singal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Given laxative fluid by the anus for constipation. Any suggestion? 17 hours later
Hello, I went to hospital and waited over 12 hours. They prescribed me Dioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate and Jamp-Senna. However, I am very constipated now so I went to the pharmacy and bought a product called citro mag.

I am waiting for results

Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 4 hours later
Since the laxatives are not having a desired effect and you seem to be having an acute onset constipation, my advice is that you should see a physician or a gastroenterologist at the earliest. He can examine you and advise you proper remedy.
Best wishes.
Dr Dinesh Singal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor