Getting spots on nose because of weather. Treatment?

Dr. Bharat Chawda

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am getting spots over my nose. My native is coimbatore. Whenever I come to Bangalore, the spots come in my nose. When I go back to Coimbatore, it is disappearing ! I dont know why ? after I come back to bangalore, the spots also come back !! Help me out
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 13 hours later
Hi!,

Thank you for posting your query,

Before I answer your questions I would like to know few important points in regard to the lesions on the nose .
1) Are these spots brown in color or are these skin colored?
2) Are these spots raised above the skin surface or are flat?
3) Any associated symptoms?
4) Do you get pimples?
5) Are you using anything for face?
6) What is you skin color?

Answer to these questions would help me understand your problem better.Even a close up picture of the lesion would help me further.So if you can send me a picture of the lesion on nose ,I would appreciate.
You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.You can also email the same to YYYY@YYYY with “ATTN: ” in the subject line.

I shall address your concern based on your current given information.
With the history what you have submitted ,there seems to be two possibilities.

It could either be Freckles ,which manifests as small brown spots on sun exposed areas.Secondly it could be sebaceous hyperplasia commonly seen in oily skin individuals.

If you can reply me with the answers and the pictures, I would be able to suggest you better.

Awaiting for your reply.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.