Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Getting puss filled red closed comedones on skin. Suggest some effective ointment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 304 Questions
I am getting closed comedones on my skin regulary. These are usually red or white. Rarely they have pus which comes out. Most often, They are having whiteheads. I am following healthy skin regimens like washing my face twice with a face wash and applying a face pack twice-thrice a week. But I have not tried any topical ointments till now. Now the problem is somewhat increasing. I would like to try some ointments for the same.
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 30 minutes later
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
Acne . pimples, white heads, black heads, open or closed comedones, pus filled pustules are all but in the spectrum of acne or pimples and hence should not be confused with some other problem.
PCOS can give rise to extensive pimples and can be painful at times.
The treatment involves treating PCOS, oral antibiotics, topical antibiotic creams and retinol creams alongwith oral isotretinoin after proper consultation with a treating dermatologist .
Facials and face packs are not the treatment for acne and should be avoided.


Dr.Rohit Batra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor