Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Getting headaches and feeling unconsciousness. Should I be concerned?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5555 Questions
My husband often gets headaches, but right now he has one that he says feels really different. The pressure seems to be on the part of his brain that controls consciousness. He said when he focuses on it, it almost feels like he is in a dream state. He said it feels like he could go unconscious if it gets worse. I want to know if this should be a concern or not.
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
Headaches are common problems, and the commonest reason for long duration headaches is migraine. Typically, the different episodes of headache in a person with migraine should be similar.
Here, in this case, since the character of headache has changed, one needs to be cautious.
Please watch for any warning symptoms, which could suggest a serious problem inside the brain such as:
Recurrent vomiting,
double vision,
altered consciousness,
severe dizziness,
diminished vision,
imbalance while walking,
weakness or numbness on one side of the body.
If your husband notices any of these symptoms, please show to the doctor, and get a CT scan of brain done.
If these symptoms are absent, then, need not worry. You can use analgesics such as diclofenac.
I hope it clarifies. Please get back if you have any further queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor