Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Found stone in kidney. Should I go for surgery or medication?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
sir, i have 5 mm sized stone is seen in left renal lower calyceal stone in left kidney. can i go surgery or with medicine can i get healthy
Posted Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 9 minutes later
Dear Sir,

You don't need to under go surgery for such a small stone. You need to be investigated further to find out the possible cause of your stone.

You should get serum calcium and uric acid levels done. Also get 24 hr urine calcium, uric acid and oxalate levels done and get back to us with investigations.

All the best.


Rajiv Goel
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor