Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Found squishy lump around anus under the skin. How to treat this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 561 Questions
Hi I just found a squishy lump around my anus under the skin. It does not hurt and moves around.
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 11 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Squishy lump around anus can be small boil, prolapsed mucus or pile. Sometimes it may not cause any pain or symptoms. You need to consult board certified surgeon for proper clinical examination.
It is not a emergency situations. You can consult on appointment basis. If necessary few investigations like per rectal examination or proctoscopy may be necessary.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Found squishy lump around anus under the skin. How to treat this? 31 minutes later
Could it be hemorrhoids? It seems to appear and be more obvious after I go to the bathroom.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 5 minutes later
Hi, welcome back.
Piles means haemorrhoids only. It could be haemorrhoids. There are bleeding haemorrhoids or just a prolapse of mucus.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor