Suggest treatment for pain in the anal area and dizziness

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Sat, 5 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I'm having mild pain in my rectum/anal area. I'm also feeling slightly dizzy. I have blood on my tissue paper. Then, for about a week or two I won't see any blood. And then it occurs again.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need urgent gastroenterologist or surgeon referral and workup of anemia

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, you need to have urgent blood tests including clotting profile and complete blood counts to rule out hemoglobin deficiency called anemia due to blood loss. As your symptoms relate to that. Also a per rectal examination and sigmoidoscopy may also be needed to locate the cause of bleeding. Transemic acid tablets and OTC analgesics like acetaminophen can be used but avoid any other pain killers. Ultrasound and stool analysis may also be needed.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your question. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D