Found high BP readings on home monitors. Any thoughts?
Thanks for your query.
Most of times, due to wrong calibration or technical errors in the home monitors the reading can be wrong. Do get the monitor checked.
If you had been to the doctor soon after you checked in the monitor, the fear and physical strain you had could be the reason for the higher reading (140/90).
Need not worry; do get your Blood pressure checked when you are at rest without any stress or physical exertion. Baseline Blood pressure readings which recorded after a period of physical rest are the reliable ones to assess the cardiac health.
Hope I answered your query.
Please do let me know if there any other concerns.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- High bp is permanently curable
- High bp and sinusitis
- Home tips high bp patients
- Dizziness with high bp
- Home remedies to reduce high bp
- Found high bp readings on home monitors any thoughts
- Postpartum tachycardia high bp
- Sweating and high bp
- Food chart for high bp
- High bp prescribed sofvasc and citanew is the reading normal