First day of my last period was on 12/29/19 I
there is a small margin of error
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Early ultrasounds in pregnancy are considered to be fairly accurate. According to Medscape (professional medical website) and an article entitled Issues in Pregnancy dating, there is a small margin of error of approximately 8%.
Some sites quote a margin of just over one week.
This means, that if the bleeding was truly a period and not implantation bleeding, that the ultrasound may be slightly inaccurate.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?