Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Feeling pain and swelling in vein of wrist. Looking for suggestion

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1975
Answered : 72 Questions
Dear Doctor , Since last three days i am feeling pain in my vein of left wrist .Its starting from the thumb and goes till shoulder .Its very severe on thumb side of my wrist & there is little swelling as well there . Please suggest .
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 10 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.

After reading your symptoms, I assume that you have not injured your wrist and the pain has started on its own.

Therefore, I would suggest that you take a good anti-inflammatory drug along with a neurotonic such as methylcobalamine to treat your problem. You must also apply hot fomentation along with local analgesic spray in the area of the swelling. If the pain does not subside, then you can also take a painkiller to reduce the symptoms.

If the condition does not improve then I must ask you to visit your physician for an examination.

Hope you feel better soon.

If you have any more queries, I’ll be happy to answer.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feeling pain and swelling in vein of wrist. Looking for suggestion 57 minutes later
Its nothing to do with heart and stuff i guess . ya i guess it started on its own . Can you give name of medicine which i can buy in india .
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 1 hour later

This does not seem to be a heart problem, as there is no history of pain on exertion.

I would recommend you to take any good anti-inflammatory drug such as Enzoflam BD for a couple of days along with any neurotonic. This is a prescription drug; please get it prescribed by your primary care physician.

Hope you feel better soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor