Feeling nausea, weak, cold, sweaty, burning chest and throat. What should I do?

Dr. Rajesh Gajwani

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in General Health
Question: I have been nauseas since Thursday and in bed since Thursday night , the only time I even feel slightly un sick to my stomach is when I'm lying down and am so tired of being in bed , I felt like this about a month ago and my online doctor called me in some compazine 10mg but its not helping me this time and it makes me very sleepy , but of course I guess I would rather be asleep than awake and feeling like this , but not really helping my sick feeling , every time I try and walk around I get even more sick feeling and sweaty like and feel very weak and hot and then cold and back to hot n cold n have to rush back to bed n lay down n even then the nausea doesn't totally subside but not near as bad, just strange that I'm very nauseated but not actually vomiting ? Please tell me what I can do to make this nausea go away , or can you call me in something like an anti nausea med ? I can't stand this any longer n have 3 kids I cannot care for because of this
Ok I just finally actually vomited and it was a lot and it was very bitter and burned my chest and my throat , don't know if that means anything , I'm also running mild temp of 99
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 8 hours later

I went through the details submitted with diligence. It looks like you are suffering from stomach infection and acidity leading to sever nausea and weakness.

Usually the symptoms resolve in the due course of time. In the meantime, I suggest you to take some antiemetic drugs and good antacid drug. Domstal is available over the counter at few locations and can be taken twice a day for few days. You may check at your nearest pharmacist about the availability of domstal as over the counter.

Also avoid chillies, fats, tea, coffee and alcohol till you are cured. Cold milk, curd or vanilla ice creams may give some relief in your condition.

If symptoms persist, consult your doctor for detailed evaluation.

Hope you feel better soon. Do let us know if you any other queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad