Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Experiencing soreness and noticed some blood after rough intercourse. What should be done?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
My husband and i were enjoying some rigorous sex and he kind of misthrusted and pulled me down there at a bad angle. It hurt the moment it happened, but I was fine and we kept going, Afterward, I was a little sore then noticed some blood. I looked with a mirror I have a laceration at the bottom of my vaginal opening and it was oozing blood. It bled more than I expected. No discharge of blood from inside, just from the cut. I washed thoroughly, put neosporin and cortisone cream on it w/ a q-tip. Really dont want to go to my obgyn and try to explain this one. My husband is a large man, my legs were in the air, we were caught up... Embarassed just writing this.
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 44 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

The post coital tear can occur due to abnormal position during intercourse or due to disparity in genital organs etc.
Which can usually occur on posterior or anterior walls of vagina`.
In case of small abrasion the bleeding can stop with out need of any treatment.
But as you are having continuous bleeding not decreasing even after application of medication, better to consult gynecologist and get examined once.
No need to feel embarrassed as these type of complaints are common in gynecology and mainly delay can cause further blood loss.
Sometimes suturing may be needed to control the bleeding.
So consult gynecologist early and get examined to find out the actual size and depth of the laceration and take treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor