ECG showed right-precordial repolarization disturbance. What are the risks?

Dr. Anil Grover

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have right brachial branch blockage initially diagnosed about 10 years ago. My most recent ECG states right-precordial repolarization disturbance. What is that? Is it life threatening? Does it need further testing? If so, what test(s)?
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.
Some people have a condition, called a right bundle branch block (RBBB) whicha is often a normal variant in population. If your EKG done say few months or few years ago was not showing this than this is cause for concern definitely not for panic. You would need to see a cardiologist then, who would do a thorough physical examination and may ask for a Treadmill Test (TMT) and or echocardiography+ Doppler examination to find out if your heart is functionally and structurally normal. Which in all probability it will be so nothing to worry.
I could not understand "right brachial' unless you meant right bundle because noun 'brachial' is an artery just above elbow bony joint, and there are two one for each arm so that has different connotation.
If there is further query which you might have I will be most happy to answer. Good Luck.
RegardsWith Best Wishes:
Dr Anil Grover
MBBS, MD (Medicine) DM(Cardiology)
Cardiologist and Internist
http:/ WWW.WWWW.WW