Dr- 1. I have noticed that in the winters my
Please see detalied answer
Hi and Welcome to Ask A Doctor service. I have read yor query and here is my and advice.
Many times cold feet may be perfectly normal however it needs little consideration.
While in cold weather , as the legs are more distant and moslty exposed to weather , this feeling may be normal .
But there are few probelms , like
1: probelms in the vessels of the legs that deliver blood to feet is compromised .
Two common reasons which incudes to much sitting or too much stress can compromise blood blood to the feet causing cold feet; others include smoking too much , high cholesterol or other disease like hypertension or diabetes. This is some times associated with pain in legs .Raynods diseases is spasm of vessels caused by cold which causes too cold feeling and sometimes discoloration.
2: Other then vessels , nerve probelms like nueropathy may aslo cause cold feeling .This many times ssociated with numbness or tingling .
Sometimes other blood disorders like hypothyroidism may cause cold feeling This is genrally associated with fatigue, tiredness and feeling of excessive cold .Low haemoglibin may be other cause .
So to conclude, it may be perfectly normal to have cold feet in cold weather , but it's good to be examined to rule out cretain causes as dicussed above.
Hope I have answered your question. please feel free to ask anything else you need to know. kind Regards Dr Rahman. .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol