Does weight gain affect the hernia?
It is almost in the shape of a banana.
Definite relation of weight gain with hernia progress .
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .
* There is definite relation of weight gain with hernia as obesity is prone to increase weakness and straining of muscles of abdomen wall.
Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely.
1. What are the recent changes in weight?
2. Duration of hernia with progress over the period.
3. Associated symptoms of vomiting or other systemic features.
4. Do you have any endocrine issue as diabetes , thyroid problem or others?
5. If possible and no objection, a photo picture of hernia as an attachment in the follow up session .
Awaiting for your response .
Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will hernia affect tail bone
- Can hernias affect kidneys
- Weight gain after hernia surgery
- How hernia affects the sperm
- Hiatal hernia affect weight
- Can a hernia affect breathing
- Hernia affected by high altitude
- Do people gain weight after hernia surgery
- Will umbilical hernia affect fetus
- Gaining weight after hernia surgery pain