Does smoking weed decrease the potency of sperm?
Wait for 3 months
I understand your concerns about smoking and trying to conceive.
Smoking weed does decrease sperms in men. But it does not cause birth defects.
It is better to wait for 3 months without smoking br=efore trying for new sperms to appear
No harm in trying earlier
If there are any defects in sperms due to smoking, it would take 3 months to normalise and bring up sperm count.
Anyway you can try right away. No problem. But chances of pregnancy will be less in next 3 months.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does cigarette smoking kill sperm
- Smoking and sperm
- Smoking weed and sperm causing vaginal odour
- Defective sperm and smoking pot
- Does smoking affect sperm
- Will smoke interfere with sperm sample
- Do smoking kill sperm
- Effect of shisha smoking on sperm
- Pot smoking and sperm condition
- Smoke weed before sperm test