Does severe pain in the solar plexus require medical attention?
Give him omeprazole (over the counter).
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
As pain is responding to antacids there are chances that the pain is due to gastritis or acid peptic problem.
I would suggest him to take Omeprazole 40 mg twice daily for 3 days.Its a proton pump inhibitor and works well on gastritis and other acid peptic disorders.
However in case pain does not respond to it then you could go to emergency room.
If pain is relieved then a planned endoscopy should be done to see if there are gastric ulcers in gut.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe pain in vein in hand
- Pain killers for severe pain
- Epididymitis severe pain in chest
- Severe pain in inner thigh
- Inflamed bump on the labia minora severe pain medication
- Severe pain after lithotripsy
- Severe pain following lithotripsy
- Drugs/medication for severe pain
- Severe pain in the oesophagus
- Epididymitis severe pain
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses