Does pillow with mustard seed prevent flat-head formation in a newborn?

Pediatrician
Question
I heard we need to use pillow with mustard seed for new born baby to avoid flat head . .. I want to know if it's really useful or its a myth
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not mandatory but not a myth

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. A pillow made from mustard seeds acts like a memory foam and adapts to the shape of the head. It can partially be helpful. It is not a myth and partially helps. Nevertheless, it is not mandatory either.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: Does pillow with mustard seed prevent flat-head formation in a newborn? 25 minutes later
Thanks... from when I can start using mustard pillow

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can start anytime

Detailed Answer:
Anytime. You can start right now and can use it for anybody.