question-icon

Does physical activity worsen left varicocele condition?

Posted on Sat, 1 Mar 2014
Question: I have a left varicocele which is asymptomatic right now.I went to the doctor and he said no need to go for any surgery.At present he gave me medicines to reduce swelling,does they really work? And my question is can I resume all king of playing activities like football,hockey as before by wearing athletic support or does playing worsens my varicocele please help me.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer: Semen Analysis Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) Many people have varicoceles which are asymptomatic. They dont need to be operated for it. 2) Medicines generally dont work and not necessary. 3) You can safely play sports or do any activities you like. 4) Please get semen analysis done to see if the varicocele is affecting your sperms. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol (20 minutes later)
So You say that only problem is related to semen quantity,if it is negative should I go for a surgery ?What if I left it untreated,will I face any problem like playing ? Right now can I carry on masturbation 3-4 times a week,will it cause any problems? So u say that now I can play any sport freely right?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol (3 minutes later)
Brief Answer: No problem with sports Detailed Answer: Hi, 1) If you dont get operated no problem with playing, or sports career. lay freely. 2) Mastrubation is fine and no problem. 3) Semen quality is only thing in terms of future perspective.
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol (16 hours later)
I am having pain in my groin area(only in right leg),is varicocele any way related to it or am I having it because of playing? I have one more question that how much time does a normal human being should hold before ejaculation while doing masturbation and sex,are they same or different?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol (13 hours later)
Brief Answer: Not related to varicocele Detailed Answer: Hi This leg pain is related to physical activity or injury. This is not related to varicocele. Ejaculation is normsl if it occurs after one minute. It happens early during Mastrubation and late during sex. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist