Does getting electric shock while pregnant affect the fetus?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 1 Jun 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi doctor I was washing my hands when I felt a current water shock in my hands and now my hands are sore. I am late on my period and suspect I am pregnant could this shock have affected the baby
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Baby is not affected.

Detailed Answer:
Just a small shock is not likely to affect the baby so early. You need to confirm the pregnancy first. Do a urine test using the kit available over the counter at all the pharmacies.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal