Does forcefully pulling a door shut cause displacement of facial bones?

Question
Can forcefully pulling door shut towards myself with anger/quickly with my hand cause my forehead bone or any other facial bones to move backward/inward or cause any change in position backward inward or in any direction or cause flattening of forehead bones or any other facial bones (cheekbones, jaw, etc)? I was pulling door towards myself, door did not hit the face. Thanks!
Mon, 21 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Would not change facial bones in anyway

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

How are you doing?

The situation you described - forcefully and quickly pulling a door shut - would not cause any changes in backward, forward, inward or any other direction. It also would not cause flattening of the bones of the forehead or facial bones. Hard jerking or jostling would not cause any effect on these.

It would take a very big direct force to move, or break any of these bones.

Follow-up: Does forcefully pulling a door shut cause displacement of facial bones? 29 hours later
So forcefully and quickly pulling door shut towards myself would not cause any change in position backward/inward or in any direction of forehead bones (any part of forehead bone or entire forehead bone) or facial bones? Thanks again.I was pulling door towards myself. Thinking it’s a paranoid thought.

Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thoughts on this

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

No, pulling the door shut towards yourself, no matter how quickly or forcefully you would be able to do this, would not cause any changes in the relationship of the bones of your skull including the forehead, cheek bones, or any other facial bones.

I don't know that this is paranoia, but perhaps if you think about something like this over and over, and it causes you anxiety, then it might be a type of OCD and you might get benefit from medications such as SSRIs and cognitive therapy.

If it is more a matter of believing that this change in the skull bones is happening, then it can be a delusional thought process, and there are meds for that too.

Either way, a good psychiatrist or psychologist may be able to help you feel less anxious about recurring thoughts and worries like this.

Follow-up: Does forcefully pulling a door shut cause displacement of facial bones? 11 hours later
So there could not be any change in position backward/inward or in any direction of forehead bones (any part of forehead bone or entire forehead bone) or any facial bones?

Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
This event would not cause any changes in the bones of the head

Detailed Answer:
Hi -

No, given what you described, there would not be any change in position backward/inward or in any direction of forehead bones (any part of forehead bone or entire forehead bone) or any facial bones. None at all.