Does fluid in the scrotum require medical attention?

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 5 Sep 2018 in Lump
Question: My scrotum appears to be full of fluid. is there anything I can due to ascertain that I actually need to see a doctor. I already have more doctors than I can keep track of.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Systemic or local cause differentiation requires further details.

Detailed Answer:

* There are many reasons for fluid in the scrotum which may be associated with
- heart dysfunction - hydrocele - testis infection - others.

Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely.

1. Current condition - duration, progress since the beginning, size, shape of the scrotum, the presence of pain.
2. Changes of scrotal skin - pitting, redness, warm or others.
3. Associated swelling legs is there or not.
4. Any breathlessness, chest discomfort if any.
5. Systemic features of fever or else.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Brief Answer:

Hydrocele more likely, less likely cardiac condition. Requires an ultrasound examination.

Detailed Answer:

* Most possible differential diagnosis is hydrocele, less likely cardiac condition.

* Guidelines for the same:

- Should get checked with your consultant surgeon.
- Please get an ultrasound of the scrotum.
- Check for the cardiac status by 2D echocardiography.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Bhagyesh V. Patel
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 1 hour later
It is about the size of a medium orange with little definition between right &left. i can cause some discomfort on the left side be pushing toward left from the right. It is somewhat reddish but i don't know if that is a change or not. my legs are, I think, normal. My temperature was its normal 97.6 when tested last Tuesday. I have no pain in my chest or elsewhere that I notice. the duration is unknown. T noticed that I was urinating more like a sprincler than a hose nozzle a couple of weeks ago. It is now difficult to keep from getting a wet spot below the zipper after urinating.

Thanks

Your Health Question - [Refresh] Print this page Has Reports Dr. Bhagyesh V. XXXXXXX
Dr. Bhagyesh V. XXXXXXX

General Surgeon

Reports attached to this Question
• ga_advantage_plus_brochure.pdf Remove this document from this query Upload New Reports »
Patient ProfileGender: MaleAge: 78Visited a Doctor: NoMedications Tried: I take pradaxa for atrial fribulation & Notrel? for high blood pressure
My scrotum appears to be full of fluid. is there anything I can due to ascertain that I actually need to see a doctor. I already have more doctors than I can keep track of.
Asked by Me , 1 hour ago
Doctor's reply to your question above...
Brief Answer:
systemic or local cause differentiation requires further details .

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query with attached brochure .

* There are many reasons for fluid in scrotum which may be associated with
- heart dysfunction - hydrocele - testis infection - others .

Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely .

1. Current condition - duration , progress since beginning , size , shape of
scrotum , presence of pain .
2. Changes of scrotal skin - pitting , redness , warm or others .
3. Associated swelling legs is there or not .
4. Any breathlessness , chest discomfort if any .
5. Systemic features of fever or else .

Awaiting for your response .

Regards .
Replied by Dr. Bhagyesh V. XXXXXXX , 1 hour ago
Disclaimer: The Expert's advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place. Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also.
It is about the size of a medium orange with little definition between right &left. i can cause some discomfort on the left side be pushing toward left from the right. It is somewhat reddish but i don't know if that is a change or not. my legs are, I think, normal. My temperature was its normal 97.6 when tested last Tuesday. I have no pain in my chest or elsewhere that I notice. the duration is unknown. I noticed that I was urinating more like a sprinceler than a hose nozzle a couple of weeks ago. It is now difficult to keep from getting a wet spot below the zipper after urinating.

Thanks