Do ruptured cysts require medical attention?
r. Do we need medical intervention if the cyst has popped inside his foot or is he ok if I just wrap it with an ace when he works tomorrow? He is in construction and is 68 years old. No other medical issues. Thanks
Upload a picture of the swollen foot and burst area of the foot
I believe the previous cyst may not be related to this new ball size lumps. They may be coming out of the skin unless then they would not burst.
If this is skin related or a burst cyst it can attract infection which can track down to the bone causing more complications. Having a job at construction site exposes to high-risk infection.
I suggest uploading pictures so that I take a first-hand look at.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for ruptured ovarian cyst
- Is medication required after cyst removal
- Ruptured cyst in breast
- Drugs/medication for ruptured epididymal cyst
- Endometriosis cyst rupture
- Drugs/medication for ruptured sebaceous cyst
- Recurring ruptured ovarian cyst
- Drugs/medication for ruptured hemorrhagic cyst
- Drugs/medication for ruptured cysts
- Epididymis cyst rupture