Diarrhea and weight loss after operation. Not cured by medicine. How to get relief?
Referring to the Medical History of my husband, since he 'd gone through the operation he CONSTANTLY suffers from diarrhea. I cannot describe how BAD it is. The food doesn't stay in the system at all. Excuse me for giving you the details, but an hour later he can see for the second time what he had for lunch or dinner, and the food is not processed at all, goes out nearly the same state it came in. Consequently, he is losing weight at a record speed. With the height 1m 83 cm he is 60 kg!
He tried Loperamid, Tiorfix, Zofran, Tannacomp, Diarrheel - nothing helps. It can only increase the time between toilet sessions, but doesn't actually holds the food in. .. No folks remedies help either... Doctors here don't really care, their answer is : "We don't know. Diarrhea can be caused by tumor, by chemo or my by-pass.. XXXXXXX
But I don't believe there is no cure in this world! Please help! He suffers from October, 4 months! It is so water-like, frequent, unexpected that sometimes there is not enough time to run to WC.!.. Nights are sleepless, he is exhausted... Please help with any advice and recommendation.
Thank you in advance.
I would like to know the details surgery he had undergone before - what surgery was performed? what was the indication of surgery? And what are the investigations done before and after surgery?
You can give him Pre and Probiotic capsule.
I will be able to address your queries better, if you can provide these details to me.
Awaiting your response...
20.09.2012 - operation, but didn't remove the tumor on the small intestine. Reason - too close to the stomach. By-pass is made. Diagnosis - CARCINOID. Chemotherapy from the 20.10.2012. Unfortunately cannot provide you with any files right now... Don't know how to help him to get rid of diarrhea. Thanks.
Loperamid, Zofran. Palladone - occasionally
User Selected Category : Cancer Gender : Male 62
Because diarrhea is a common and nonspecific symptom, I asked you the specific diagnosis. Thanks for giving full diagnosis.
I am sorry that the tumor was not removed.
This disease produces number of substances in the blood like serotonin, which cause diarrhea.
So, I am sorry to say that as long as tumor is inside, diarrhea will persist.
He should be given B -complex tablet that contains Niacin, Pre and prolific capsule.
Octreotide injections can also be tried.
Please discuss with his treating doctor about the use of above drugs and come back if you have any doubts.
I will clarify further.
Wish him speedy recovery
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Biochemic medicine for weight loss
- Anoos weight loss medicines
- Prescribe medicines for weight loss
- Ayurvedic medicine weight loss
- Unani medicine for weight loss
- Dhanwantri medicine for weight loss
- Menopause medicine for weight loss
- Ayurvedic medicine for weight loss after delivery
- Ramdev medicine for weight loss
- Weight loss medicines
- Having watery mucus in stools. Taking probiotic for gas and bloating....
- Had enlarged lymph node on thigh. Reason for pain in middle back and...
- Hernia surgery done. Having pain in leg while walking. How long will it...
- Itching, burning sensation and pain in anal area. Related to stomach...
- Got hit on head. Big lump appeared. No dizziness or memory loss. Worried...
- Feeling nauseous and abdominal pain after gall bladder removal. What...
- Having cough and sore throat. Can I consume herbalife f1 shake, tea and...
- Diarrhea and weight loss after operation. Not cured by medicine. How to...
- Having chest pain. Taking pan-d. ECG normal. What is causing this and cure?
- Had stent put in leg. Having discomfort in calf, pain and swelling in...