What is Octreotide?
Octreotide is a synthetic peptide which has the same action as that of the hormone Somatostatin. It inhibits the action of several hormones such as growth hormone, glucagon, insulin, etc. It has been used to treat growth hormone-producing tumours, pitutary tumours and certain types of diarrhoea.
Questions and answers on "Octreotide"
Health resources related to Octreotide
- Octreotide subcutaneous injection
- Octreotide infusion for varices
- Octreotide infusion rate
- Octreotide drip for variceal bleed
- Octreotide for carcinoid tumors
- Octreotide continuous infusion
- Octreotide prefilled syringes
- Octreotide scan and gastrinoma
- Octreotide treatment for cancer
- Octreotide normal distribution