Diagnosed with micropenis. Erect length was 2.8 inches and flaccid length was 1.9 inches. Is this normal?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: I am a 24 year old male my weight is 230 and I'm 6"2. I was recently diagnosed by my GP as having A Microphallus. I was told to measure three times a day for three days and submit the results . average erect length was 2.8 inches and average flaccid length was 1.9 inches stretched and the gp found his measurements to be similar. I am seeking a second opinion on given facts and if I should consult a urologist about having microphallus. attached photos are for erect reference.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Brief answer...given below Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. Definition of micropenis states that any erect penis less than 3 inches is called as micropenis but if you have extra pubic fat at the base of penis,then the length of penis appears small. I have seen your photographs and find that there is extra amount of pubic fat at the base of your penis,which is making your penis appear smaller. Now coming to the point,that whether a person with small penis can satisfy the female? The answer is yes,because it is only the initial 1.5 to 2 inches of vagina,which is sensitive. So you can definitely satisfy a female during sex. Now coming to treatment part. There are various treatments offered at some institutions ,but they are full of complications and on hearing about them,most of the people decide against the procedures. In my opinion,you must consult a urologist for his view. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks