Diabetic with blood pressure. Taking galvasmet50/500. Started hair fall. Need some advice
Thank you for your query.
I hope your mother's blood glucose levels and blood pressure both are under control. One more advice before I go to her hair fall problem is as per well-known recommendation a person with type 2 diabetes and hypertension also needs coverage from antiplatelet drugs (like small dose aspirin or clopidogrel) and anti-cholesterol drugs (statins). So please make sure you remind the treating physician or diabetologist about this even though her cholesterol is not very high, she should be given these medications on primary prevention basis to avoid cardiovascular problems.
Well, coming to the hair fall problem. Four major reasons associated with hair fall are:
- Dry scalp if not treated with moisturiser regularly and not washed routinely
- Any fluctuations in thyroid functions (hypo or hyper-thyroidism)
- Any acute metabolic/ autoimmune disorder affecting her health (like RA positivity, infections)
- Hemoglobin, TSH, FT4, Anti-TPO tests. You can get back to me or any doctor nearby. We can decide how to treat her based on these reports.
Meanwhile, please ask her to massage her hair with olive oil or coconut oil and wash off nicely with shampoo and do not use readymade conditioner as it makes more hair to fall.
Let me know about the tests.
- Dr Madhuri Dear,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Need suggestions to stop hair fall
- What to take for hair falling out
- Glycomet 500 hair fall pcob
- Need medication for hair fall reduction
- Is hair fall a side effect of blood pressure medication
- Advice some medicine for hair fall
- Hair fall while taking bath
- Excessive hair fall taking biotin matrix shampoo vegetables fruits advice
- Need medication for hair fall
- Hair falling and starting grey