Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Diabetic and vascular disease. Weakness in legs, headache, trouble in standing from a sitting position.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1846 Questions
I have weakness in my legs above the knees. I have trouble standing from a sitting position without using the arms of chairs, etc. I am having headaches at night - waking me up, but have no history or sinus problems. I have diabetes and vascular disease. Should I see a neurologist?
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

You are showing features of proximal muscle weakness.

Your query : Should I see a neurologist?

Yes you should see a neurologist. A detailed examination is required to arrive at a diagnosis. Investigations are ordered depending on the examination findings. So please consult a neurologist for the same.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Take care.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor