Developed dry cough. Took salbutamol and having a spasm in windpipe. Gastro reflux experienced. Need advise?
Your prognosis is good.
Thank you for the query.
Your symptoms are most likely caused by two conditions which like to associate each other. First is asthma, second is gastreesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Acid reflux disease is a condition caused by increased acid production and this acid reflux to the esophagus, throat and even mouth. Acid presence in the throat can cause its inflammation.
Acid reflux can be a disease itself. It can be also a symptom of stomach issues including peptic ulcer, stomach inflammation or Helicobacter Pylori infection.
For asthma disease cough and windpipe spasm are very characteristic. The cough is very often triggered by physical activity. Allergy can be also associated with this condition.
Both conditions can be well controlled with medicines so your prognosis is very good. But before any treatment, you need proper diagnostic. You should have gastroscopy done to check stomach condition and spirometry (blow test) for asthma diagnostics. Please consult gastrologist and pulmunologist for this tests.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Asthalin cough for dry cough
- Need medication for scrathy throat and dry cough
- Dry cough meth
- Gastro reflux and lax cardia
- Hyperthyroid and dry cough
- Gastro reflux disease diet
- Have gastro problems and cough diagnosed as reflux treatment
- Dry cough and eye problems
- Salbutamol for kids dry coughs
- Swine flu sensitive skin dry cough lung irritation reflux aches symptoms