Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Developed a blister on middle finger while cooking. Looking ugly and discomforting. Could I ask a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 1337 Questions
I developed a blister I inch by 1 inch on my middle finder from cooking on a BBQ grill where the heat was very hot. It's been three days now and the blister hasn't is ugly and discomforting. Should I go to the emergency room?
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to go to ER.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
The blister will take a few more days to heal. In the meantime, keep the area clean and dry. Apply a dry gauze dressing and tape this in place. If the blister is in such a place that this is not possible, a generous sized plaster will do the job.
Do not be tempted to burst the blister to let the fluid out as this will increase the risk of infection. Should the blister burst on it's own, leave the skin alone to fall off when ready.
Follow these suggestions and the blister should heal with no problems.
Dr K A Pottinger,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor