Dear Doctor, I have been facing skin infection since many

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 18 Jan 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Dear Doctor,
I have been facing skin infection since many years. Its a fungal type infection in and around my penis and testis and both side of the adjacent areas of it. I had consulted a doctor many years ago and he has given me an cream named Quadriderm. While the climate changing happens it will again occur. I have stopped using it since it has not permanantely cured the problem. Request suggest a better solution for it so that i can eradicate the same once for all. i am 45 years old male 73 kg weight
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have read your query.

Yes, you seem to have a fungal infection. I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area in " reports section " so that I am able to have a look at and guide you accordingly.

Hope to assist you further once I get the images
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
i have uploaded two images, fungal & fungal1.

please suggest proper medication to get ride of this once for all.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical antifungal

Detailed Answer:
Thank you. I have viewed the image.

I suggest you to take an oral antifungal e.g Cap. Itraconazole 100mg(Ceastra XL 100mg), twice daily for 2 weeks. In addition I suggest you to apply a topical antifungal e.g Amorolfine 0.025% cream(Fungicros cream), twice daily for 4 weeks. You may take an oral antihistamine e.g cetrizine 10mg tablet once a day for symptomatic relief from itching.

take care
Let me know if you need any more assistance