Could a colonoscopy dislodge the IUD and cause vaginal bleeding?
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Colonoscopy can dislodge the IUCD when the colonoscope passes in the rectum behind the uterus.
Colonoscopy, per se, does not lead to vaginal bleeding.
I will suggest you consult an OBGYN specialist and get an internal examination with ultrasound done to confirm the diagnosis.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr. Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of vaginal bleeding
- Causes for vaginal bleeding after colonoscopy
- What causes severe vaginal bleeding after having colonoscopy
- Prolonged vaginal bleeding what could be the cause
- Continuous vaginal bleeding causes
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding after a colonoscopy
- Colonoscopy and vaginal bleeding
- What could cause vaginal bleed post sex
- What could cause unusual vaginal bleed for a month
- Vaginal bleeding after colonoscopy
- What are side effects of Unwanted 72 taken to stop pregnancy?
- What are the chances of pregnancy through unprotected sex without...
- What causes vaginal bleeding after having I pill?
- What causes delay in menstruation after taking I-pill?
- What causes dizziness after having Percocet?
- What causes delay in period despite having I pill after unprotected sex?
- What causes heavier menstruation while taking Progesterone during...
- What causes constipation, whitish bumps on nipples and pink spotting?
- What causes bleeding from vagina while urinating?
- What are the different methods of safe abortion?