Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

140 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Constipation, bloating, abdominal pain and discomfort. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5770 Questions
I have abdominal pain & discomfort, Bloating (look's like I'm 5 moths pregnant) , Chronic constipation, Cramping, that is worse when you move or lift something. My pants can not be buttoned because of the paint it will cause.
Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 4 hours later

Thank you for the query.

As you have been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis there is always a risk of its symptoms return. Moreover, with this disease you are prone to complications like toxic megacolon or bowels obstruction. It is strongly advisable for you to have this two conditions ruled out. Your should visit ER and have abdominal X-ray performed, full blood work and CRP. If urgent conditions ruled out, you should get scheduled for colonoscopy and abdominal CT.
You may need total large intestine removal which can give you permanent relief from ulcerative colitis.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Constipation, bloating, abdominal pain and discomfort. What treatment should be done? 11 hours later
Is the pain and bloating that I feel if I move a little more or lift my toddler "normal" symptoms for ulcerative colitis? which happens even if I don't have bloody stool, and the pain is to the point that I can't be touched, sexual intercorse is hell.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

This symptoms are characteristic for ulcerative colitis complications. Pain while moving indicates some inflammatory process which has involved peritoneum. I suggest you not to wait anymore and go for the tests I have mentioned before.

Hope this will help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist