Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Child having difficulty in concentrating on studies. Is this a problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1852 Questions
Dear Doctor,

My daughter is an active child. I am unable to get her focus on her studies. She needs a lot of attention from my end. I am not too sure If I am able to guide her well as a Mother. Would like to find if she is a normal child and does she have any sort of medical issue, which is leading to such situation in her academics.
Kindly provide your valuable advice

Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 3 hours later

Thanks for your query.

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation at right time.

Possible causes of poor focus and interest in studies in your child:
-Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
-Learning disability
-Lack of interest
-Depression and anxiety
-Low Intelligent Quotient (IQ)

She need in person assessment by psychiatrist who can then perform some tests like: ADHD assessment, learning disability assessment and IQ assessment.

Apart from that vitamins deficiency can lead to poor concentration. Cow milk and overnight wet almond help in certain cases.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor