Child fell down from cradle. No bump on head or any behavioral change. Should I be worried?

Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth

Pediatrician, Neonatology

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Child Health
Question: My 6 months old daughter fell down from a cradle 2 hours back. We were in the hall while baby was sleeping in the cradle in the bed room . Suddenly we here thumb sound and we ran inside the bed room and found baby fell from the cradle she started crying. She cried for 2-3 minutes and after 15 minutes she started playing as usual.she did not get any bump on her head. Everything seem to be normal but we are still worried. No XXXXXXX damage should have happened. What should we do in this case?

What could be the reasons for greenish stool?

Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 7 hours later

Sorry to hear about your chid falling down from the cradle.you have to be extremely careful about these falls as she is growing up now and ends to move more

6 months is too early for the baby to climb on the sides of the cradle.

Reg the fall as such,from your description it is unlikely to have caused any major problem - however you go to nearest
Pediatrician and let them examine the child thoroughly including the pupils.
You have to observe the baby for 48 hrs for vomiting or anything unusual.

Reg the XXXXXXX stools it is unrelated problem.
Did it start after the fall or before?
If the stools are watery ,it may suggest some viral infection.

If the stools are not watery, it may be from iron containing milk formula.

Have you changed the milk recently?

Good luck
God bless
Dr Uma

Follow up: Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 2 days later
RESPECTED MADAM,

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH.

SHE DIDN'T HAVE VOMITING/RED BUMPS ON HEAD/ANY BEHAVIORAL CHANGE/ IN LAST 48 HOURS.

WE CONSULTED A PEDIATRICIAN AND AFTER EXAMINING THE BABY HE SAID EVERY THING IS OK.

SHE HAS BEEN PASSING GREENISH TOOL FOR LAST 1.5 MONTH BUT NOT WATERY.

WE HAVE STARTED GIVING HER BANANA/ORANGE/KIWI JUICE AND SIMILAC STAGE 2 FORMULA.

WE WOULD LIKE TO FEED HER FOLLOWING FORMULA.

1. SIMILAC ADVANCE ( WWW.WWWW.WW
2. SIMILAC SENSITIVE( WWW.WWWW.WW
3. GERBERĀ® DHA & PROBIOTIC CEREAL-OATMEAL( WWW.WWWW.WW

THESE THREE PRODUCTS ARE AVAILABLE WITH SOME BABY STORES IN HYDERABAD AS WELL AS ONLINE. WHICH ONE IS GOOD FOR MY DAUGHTER OR SUGGEST A FORMULA(S) WHICH YOU REFER TO PATIENTS
Glad to know that your baby is doing well.
Be careful about these falls.

Reg XXXXXXX stool it is because of iron content in these milks.
No need to worry if the stool is formed and solid .

You can give similac followon lutein - for more than 6 months babies.
Or
Nan 2 pro
Enfamil

Reg gerber its not milk.
It is weaning food,to be fed with cup and spoon.
We have cerelac in India of different varieties which you can use as substitute.
Along with that you can start home made semisolid food one by one gradually.
Good luck
Happy sankaranti
Dr Uma
Follow up: Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 41 hours later
Respected Madam,

Thank you very much for your valuable guidance.
Wish you a Very Happy Sankranti.

How to keep baby skin smooth, balanced, rash,red bumps free and other skin related abnormalities....

Which massage oil/cream/lotion do you suggest to be the best for a baby's skin(facial as well as baby)?

Which facial creams/lotions are good for baby's facial skin?

Once again Thank you very much madam.
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 6 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Good morning!

I believe in simple coconut oil for body and face.
You can also use Johnson's baby oil.

Avoid unknown oils on the face.

Actually massage as such is not needed,simple application to prevent dry skin is advised.

Good luck
Dr Uma