Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Chest x-ray done. Is there any solution for right mid zone?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 442 Questions
Chest x-ray. Is there any solution for right mid zone ?
sIR, hi, this is XXXXXX age 27 years from hyderabad,,, sir i had some medical tests regarding the visa process for oman . they failed me in the test by giving a report that my chest x XXXXXXX shows right MID ZONE CALCIFICATION , then i had x XXXXXXX from another famous radiologist he says that i had nothing when i discussed this thing to people who failed me in the test they says that i dont have any problem but there is a effective starch on my chest and there is no solution for that and i cant go to gulf countries coz of GCC rules,, kindly help me in this,,, is really there is no solution for this problem
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 1 hour later

Thanks for your question.

Your calcified nodule in the middle zone of right lung is probably due to an old healed granuloma which is commonly associated with old tubercular infection. It can be any kind of healed infective granuloma, particularly fungal and rarely other conditions like tumour.

In any international visa the most important things is whether the person have tuberculosis or not. They are so much concern about that; as their country is tuberculosis free - so they never agree to sanction visa to any individual who have/had tuberculosis. And perhaps that was the reason why your visa application was rejected.

Tuberculosis bacteria enter into the lung and causes tubercular granuloma and effective immunity of the human body kill / destroy them. These healed granumloma become calcified spot. Unfortunately this spot will be persistent throughout life. If the body resistance falls (like in HIV, Cancer, chemotherapy, steroid therapy etc.) then this dormant lesion may become active again give rise to full blown tuberculosis.

There is no means of treating this calcified spot now; and hence cannot be removed from the body. It probably stays for life long.

My suggestion to you is to consult a chest physician to exclude any other reason of chest calcification. If the spot is relevant / suggesting active tuberculosis, then you may be started on treatment.

If no active lesion is diagnosed, you may verify if a written doctor's treatment about this spots helps you in getting a visa.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Any feed backs are appreciated.

Dr Sourav Ganguly
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Radiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor