Can resuming heart medications after discontinuation cause any risks?

Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
I stopped talking my heart failure medication over the holidays. Today I felt weak and a heaviness in my shoulders. Is it safe to resume my medical
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows :

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome back to HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would like to explain that you shouldn't stop your maintenance theapy when it is properly functioning.

Only in case of any abserved adverse effects of the current therapy it could be stopped and immediately discuss with your prescribing doctor on the underlying issue.

But as this alternative has not happened (no adverse effects observed), then no potential risks could be posed by restarting your chronic therapy.

The only advice would be to closely and frequently monitor your heart rate and blood pressure before starting and during therapy maintenance.

Hope to have been helpful to you!

In case of any further questions, please feel free to ask me again.

Kind regatds,

Dr. Iliri

Follow-up: Can resuming heart medications after discontinuation cause any risks? 2 hours later
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:
I am glad to have been helpful to you!

Wishing all the best for this New Year!

Dr. Iliri