question-icon

Can prostate cancer cause severe pain in the legs?

Posted on Tue, 9 Oct 2018
Question: I have severe pain in my right leg below the thigh. It was diagnosed as Ilio Tibial. But after two weeks it is not better. Now it seems to have migrated around to the front of the leg. The only relief is in a recliner with my leg raised and bent a little. What else could it be besides the Ilio Tibial? Could it be my prostate cancer has spread to my bones? XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (58 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

Can be nerve compression.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query and health concerns ,the pain may be due to nerve compression,take methylcobalamine 1500mg once daily .To rule out prostate cancer has spread to bones you need MRI of spine and pelvis.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon