Can peanuts be consumed during pregnancy?
Will not cause allergy to the baby if you are not allergic to it.
Thanks for posting your query.
Having peanuts during pregnancy if the mother is not allergic to it will reduce the chances of the baby having an allergy to peanuts after birth. But the immunity imparted to the baby can be a passive immunity and can be short lasting. The baby can show signs of allergy after 6 months or 1 year. It will not make the baby allergic to peanuts by birth. No need to worry. You can have peanuts.
I hope this answers your query.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal, OBGYN
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it safe to consume antacid during pregnancy
- Consuming lc montair during pregnancy
- Can glyciphage sr 500 be consumed during pregnancy
- Is anar safe to consume during pregnancy
- Consuming lithosun sr tablet during pregnancy
- Is consuming almond and cashewnuts good during pregnancy
- Pregnancy care during pregnancy
- During pregnancy avil tablet can be consumed
- Side effects of consuming dimet 500 during pregnancy
- Foods to consume during pregnancy