Can height be increased?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2014
Sep 2014

Question
hi i 21 year old......my height 5 .7" i want to increase my height 2-3 inch more......can u help me
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Weight & Lifestyle

Answered by Dr. Ganesh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibilities are very less.

Detailed Answer:

1. Let me start this way, there are no medically proven and documented cases where officially the height has been increased with medications in this age group.

2. Ossification centers close at around 18-20 years of age, therefore scientifically height increment beyond this age is impossible. However I have heard a few inches increase after yoga therapy. You can consult a yoga practitioner and discuss about it.

Hope I have answered your question.

Dr. Ganesh.