Can heart attacks cause chest pain and lightheadedness?

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My daughter went out to clear our driveway yesterday of snow using a snowblower. Within 3-4 minutes she was coming back in complaining her chest hurt a lot and she felt she was going to pass out. I got her inside and she still felt like she was going to pass out. I got her a cold pack and put it on her neck and she started to vomit. Was this a heart attack?
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
most likely, the situation due to the cold

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HealthcareMagic,

Yes, I can understand your concern.

As you explain the history, in my opinion, I don't think this was a heart attack.
Usually, it has other signs and symptoms, not like your daughter's.

This situation might happen due to the cold and the airways have responded with the strong and suddenly construction which reproduces even chest pain.

I recommend you to take her at home with tea and a lot of liquids and a rest too.

In conclusion, don't worry so much, it will soon pass.

I wish a fast recovery for your situation

Regards and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee