Can cold sores leave a white patch behind?
Cystic lesion over face ,might need removal
I have seen the attached pictures .
You seem to have developed a small cyst over the face at the site of healing of herpes infection .
It might keep recurring again and again .Avoid touching or squeezing the lesion ,since it might lead to superadded infections .
So you should see a nearby dermatologist who can check the lesion and either give an intralesional injection into the lesion or advice removal .
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Flucloxacillin cold sores
- Cold sores hiv ars
- Milk of magnesia cold sores
- Tired cold sore sleepy
- Eye stye cold sore
- Red itchy rash leaves white patch behind
- Cold sore rash behind ear
- Coxsackie virus and cold sores
- Can anbesol cold sore cure cold sores ?
- Cold sore behind the molar need medical attention