Ask a Dentist   »  

What causes black spot inside the left inner cheek?

Dentist
Question
I have a small tiny black dot in left inner cheek. I have this new thing I just found. It honestly looks like someone took a black pen and made a dot inside my cheek. Not sure how long it has been there, but it's the first I've seen it and I'm worried it's a sign of a serious thing that may get worse. No idea what else it could be. It's super small, but it's black. Doesn't hurt but I noticed this black spot since at the back of this black dot there is a blister which was hurting me and due to this I went to mirror and noticed this spot as well .

please help me and check the image attached you can see black spot!!

also from some days i was feeling some pain in outside cheeks ( but on other side of cheek not the one which has black spot) etc.. which i misunderstood with tooth problem and i visited dentist but he said all is ok

Tue, 15 May 2018 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please upload a clear picture.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for the query..

A black dot is commonly due to traumatic injury..
As there is a blister behind it, it further points towards traumatic injury like cheek bite..

For a clear understanding, please upload a clear picture as the black dot is not clearly visible when the picture is magnified.
So please upload a clear picture..

-Also please tell that is the dot appearing raised from the surface?
-Is the dot painful or just the blister behind it?

Regards.

Follow-up: What causes black spot inside the left inner cheek? 11 minutes later
This is XXXXXXX clearly i can upload a pic as i am using phone to take pic

Yes the dot seems raised that I noticed it when my tongue tip touches it.

This back spot is not painfull at all it is just the blister at back and even that blister is less painfull after i kept warm water that side

Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like due to trauma.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
It looks like due to traumatic injury only there is broken blood vessel leading to the spot and blister formation..

Do not worry as it does not look like anything serious..

You can simply continue doing warm saline gargles and avoid eating very hard foods..

Hopefully it will resolve in a few days..

Hope this helps..

Regards.

Follow-up: What causes black spot inside the left inner cheek? 1 hour later
Maam i felt there is a blister at back of black spot but i noticed its a rough skin i cannot see as it is too inside but my tough seems as of you r rubbing toungue on a tough surface and thats hurting i use to have blisters thise whit spots and when you touch you tongue it hurts liks a wound burning but this is not hurting on touch the pain is with in cheek and towrds jaw bone

Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing significant is noticed.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Do not worry, as there is nothing significant that I can see other than a black spot..
The teeth are also appearing fine and no decay is evident from this view..
So do not worry..
It will gradually resolve..

Hope this helps..

Regards.

Follow-up: What causes black spot inside the left inner cheek? 5 minutes later
Ok mam actually I read that a rough white patch or rough surface are Leukoplakia so I am scared

Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, white patch can be leukoplakia.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Yes, a non scrapable white patch can be leukoplakia but here I cannot see a white patch.
I would need a more closer view to see for white patches.

Do you notice white patches in any other area of mouth like inner cheeks, inner lips, sides of tongue etc?

Please revert back with answers..

Regards.

Follow-up: What causes black spot inside the left inner cheek? 8 minutes later
Mam this white patch is in inner cheek only behind this back dot please check new pics i added u can see a whitish behind black dot also maam my cheek area on jaw bone and upper is in pain an this white patch is causing it i feel
It suddenly started today morning

But from few days on the opposite cheek i was having little tingling and pains which got fixed after anitbiotcs etc but today this right cheek is affected with visible black dot and this white patch

Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like Hyperkeratosis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Yes, now the white patch is visible.
It is appearing like excessive keratin deposition or hyperkeratosis.
However it does not look like Leukoplakia.
It looks like your last molars or the wisdom teeth are either rubbing against the mucosa in that area or there is biting of mucosa..
So my suggestion is to once consult a Dentist and get evaluated..
If there is cheek bite then you might need trimming of the cusps of the wisdom teeth or even extraction of teeth can be advised..

Hope this helps..

Follow-up: What causes black spot inside the left inner cheek? 7 minutes later
Ok maam its just paining too much at the end of jaw bone on cheek area

Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most probably cheek bite.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
It is probably due to cheek bite..
Get it examined by a Dentist.

If the pain is disturbing take Ibuprofen for now..

Hope this helps..

Regards .