What causes black spot inside the left inner cheek?
I have a small tiny black dot in left inner cheek. I have this new thing I just found. It honestly looks like someone took a black pen and made a dot inside my cheek. Not sure how long it has been there, but it's the first I've seen it and I'm worried it's a sign of a serious thing that may get worse. No idea what else it could be. It's super small, but it's black. Doesn't hurt but I noticed this black spot since at the back of this black dot there is a blister which was hurting me and due to this I went to mirror and noticed this spot as well .
please help me and check the image attached you can see black spot!!
also from some days i was feeling some pain in outside cheeks ( but on other side of cheek not the one which has black spot) etc.. which i misunderstood with tooth problem and i visited dentist but he said all is ok
Please upload a clear picture.
Thanks for the query..
A black dot is commonly due to traumatic injury..
As there is a blister behind it, it further points towards traumatic injury like cheek bite..
For a clear understanding, please upload a clear picture as the black dot is not clearly visible when the picture is magnified.
So please upload a clear picture..
-Also please tell that is the dot appearing raised from the surface?
-Is the dot painful or just the blister behind it?
Yes the dot seems raised that I noticed it when my tongue tip touches it.
This back spot is not painfull at all it is just the blister at back and even that blister is less painfull after i kept warm water that side
Looks like due to trauma.
It looks like due to traumatic injury only there is broken blood vessel leading to the spot and blister formation..
Do not worry as it does not look like anything serious..
You can simply continue doing warm saline gargles and avoid eating very hard foods..
Hopefully it will resolve in a few days..
Hope this helps..
Nothing significant is noticed.
Do not worry, as there is nothing significant that I can see other than a black spot..
The teeth are also appearing fine and no decay is evident from this view..
So do not worry..
It will gradually resolve..
Hope this helps..
Yes, white patch can be leukoplakia.
Yes, a non scrapable white patch can be leukoplakia but here I cannot see a white patch.
I would need a more closer view to see for white patches.
Do you notice white patches in any other area of mouth like inner cheeks, inner lips, sides of tongue etc?
Please revert back with answers..
It suddenly started today morning
But from few days on the opposite cheek i was having little tingling and pains which got fixed after anitbiotcs etc but today this right cheek is affected with visible black dot and this white patch
Looks like Hyperkeratosis.
Yes, now the white patch is visible.
It is appearing like excessive keratin deposition or hyperkeratosis.
However it does not look like Leukoplakia.
It looks like your last molars or the wisdom teeth are either rubbing against the mucosa in that area or there is biting of mucosa..
So my suggestion is to once consult a Dentist and get evaluated..
If there is cheek bite then you might need trimming of the cusps of the wisdom teeth or even extraction of teeth can be advised..
Hope this helps..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Black bruises on inner of cheeks causes
- What causes red spots inside the cheek
- What causes black spot in vision
- What causes black spots in the heart
- What causes black spots on legs
- What causes spots on cheeks
- What causes black spots on the labia
- What causes black spots in toilet
- What causes weight gain and black spot on right cheek
- What causes black spots on dentures
- Suggest treatment for radiating pain in jaw
- Suggest treatment for raised bumps on tongue
- What causes cramps and weakness post intake of Clindamycin and Oxycodone?
- Is Tylenol advisable for pain while on Ramipril and Atorvastatin?
- What causes gum sensitivity along with puffiness and sensitivity inside...
- What causes a painless patch inside the left cheek?
- What causes bleeding gums while brushing?
- What causes lower front teeth pain and bleeding gums while on Storvas?
- What causes severe tooth pain post a root canal?
- Suggest remedies for dental abscess