Can breast discoloration be breast cancer ?
It is unlikely that discoloration alone is an indication of cancer. It is possible that there was a tiny bit of bleeding under the skin which caused the discolored look. I have seen this before in a patient who has a bra which did not fit properly and caused a bit of local trauma.
However, it is extremely important for me to ask and make sure that you have has your screening mammogram within the past 12 months. If not, it is very important that you schedule an appointment to have one done. While as I said it is unlikely that the change you appreciate is some kind of cancer, it is still important to make sure you have had appropriate screening.
I hope my answer has been both adequate and informative. Should you have additional questions, I am available to address them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Breast cancer in both breasts
- Breast cancer to lung cancer
- Can breast discoloration be breast cancer
- Dimpled breast and breast cancer
- Cancer treatment breast cancer
- Breast cancer and skin cancer
- Pre cancerous breast cancer
- Cancer drugs for breast cancer
- Breast cancer skin discoloration
- Breast cancer and ovarian cancer
- What does "biapical pleural thickening through the lung apices" in CT...
- Muscle mass, lack of facial hair, male breasts, testosterone, hormonal...
- Bells palsy, minor trauma, medication, platelet function, bleeding, bruises
- Eye weakness, viral infection, nerve weakness in eye, bells palsy
- No period for 9 months, high prolactin levels, microandenoma,...
- Is pregnancy possible with inconsistent pregnancy test results and heavy...
- Can Plan B cause spotting and blood clots in urine ?
- Salt in Chinese food, tachycardia, pulse rate 150, BP under control
- How can genetically obtained dry skin be treated ?
- Diabetes, high BP, renal failure, serum creatinine high, loss of...